2024 Community Quilt
I am repeating the Community Quilt for 2024!!!
For anyone not familiar with the project, I'll be working on creating a Community Quilt made exclusively from fabric sent in by my followers!
Throughout the year, I'll post periodic videos of block creation on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook & YouTube. (I plan to be more consistent this year so I am not in a mad dash the last week of the year to finish it)
Want to participate? Here is how:
Anyone, Anywhere in the world is welcome to send in fabric!
- Send in a single piece of fabric that is rough cut to about 6"-7" square (15-18cm).
- All fabric should be clean, in good condition (no holes and not thread bare), is quilting or apparel weight and is machine washable.
- I will not be using any fabric that is offensive in nature, including depictions of racism, homophobia, violence, fabrics that supports those that actively speak out against the LGBTQIA+ community, etc.
- A single square of fabric, along with a note can fit into a standard envelope and should weigh less than 1oz, meaning it will only require 1 USPS First Class Stamp. (International rates will vary)
- Whether you include only 1 square, or multiple, please write the number of included squares on the back of the envelope as I won't be opening them until they are selected for a quilt square.
- Please limit your submissions to 4 squares per envelope.
- Feel free to send multiple envelopes throughout the year if you wish.
- If you want to include a note about the fabric, feel free to do so, but it is not a requirement.
- Please note that the contents of your note may be edited to fit in the time allowed for these short-format videos.
- I will say who & where the fabric is from in the videos (First name & City/State only), if you wish to remain anonymous, please include that in your return address on the envelope.
- Please use your preferred name on the outside of your envelope as I record that before opening it. If you don't feel comfortable with that, feel free to include a note so I can adjust while editing.
- Deadline to submit squares is currently set as October 31st 2024 but may be adjusted depending on volume. I will do my best to include all submitted squares that come in before the deadline.
You can send your squares to:
Rose City Community Quilt
PO Box 20031
At the end of the year, the completed quilt will be raffled off to benefit a charity.
For 2024, I have again selected The Trevor Project as the recipient.
The Trevor Project’s mission is to end suicide among LGBTQ+ young people. They have five key programs.
The Trevor Project aims to achieve these values through our core group of programs. Learn more about our goals and principles through each program below.
- Crisis Services - Direct suicide prevention and crisis intervention services to support via phone, text, and chat.
- Advocacy - Fighting for policies and laws that protect LGBTQ youth.
- Research - Evaluations that significantly improve our services and field.
- Peer Support - The world’s largest, safe-space social networking community.
- Education and Public Awareness - Educating around issues relevant to LGBTQ youth and allies.
When the time comes to enter the raffle, participants will donate directly to the charity, no monies will be handled by Rose City Originals directly. Details will be provided when it's time to enter.
***Disclaimer*** I am not affiliated with The Trevor Project and they are not endorsing this project. Because I am not a 501C3 Non-Profit organization I cannot legally hold a raffle, so all monies with be donated directly to the organization and I will be gifting the finished to one donor. The drawing will be open to anyone in the world.